Sunday, March 28, 2010

MMM BURGERS

Burger Bliss?









Last summer our family rented out our TINY little old truck shop to two guys with a big dream. Steve Jones and Chris Boehm wanted to make a burger joint.... at first we thought they would only last the summer, then we saw the renovations, the idea, and the customers. I think part of the charm is our tiny truck shop that they have transformed into a cute, bubbly building vibrant with color. Their signature orange 55 gumball takes centre place on the front door.


For those of you that haven't tried a burger from Burger 55, you must go now. I am a seriously picky eater, so this concept is right up my alley. When you enter the front door there are numerous clip boards on the wall with menu sheets. Grab a pencil and start creating! From beef, turkey, salmon, and mushroom you then go on to pick from a plethera of cheese such as funky feta and rockin roquefort. Next is the big condiment decision, it doesn't stop at ketchup, mustard, and mayo. How about caramel apple barbeque sauce,wasabi cream, peanut butter, or their orange ginger glaze? Lettuce and tomato are joined by roasted garlic, beet strings, roasted corn, and pico de gallo. And why not take it over the edge with a fried egg, a split sausage, or grilled peaches? And you just can't have a burger without fries....we had their sweet potato fries which were fabulous, although I did mentioned to them that they need a chipotle mayo to go with it. We tried their spicy sauce but it was too spicy for me, and not smoky enough like chipotle. They also have sweet whisky onion rings (which I am sure are good, but I will never be trying them - onions, ick!) and custom poutine with your choice of cheese...how cool is that?


The only thing I could think of while eating my burger was what combinations I was going to try next time. I'm thinking turkey burger, jalapeno havarti, mayo, sauteed mushrooms, and a pickle.

On a quick lunch break? Fax your order in and pick it up! With a great location downtown I think these guys are going to do fabulous. I can't wait to see the line up's out the door in the summer...and maybe a Burger 55 franchise somewhere in the future.

All from a crazy idea, a tiny old tire truck shop, and a ton of hard work. Congrats Steve and Chris on a successful venture!


Visit them at http://www.burger55.com or their FB fan page at www.facebook.com/burger55

No comments:

Post a Comment